Good To Know Auto Repair Information
Educated drivers make better decisions. Enjoy this free resource to help better your understanding of basic auto mechanic concepts.
Everything you want your daughter to know before she goes off to college.
Whether its you or somebody you know, the better we understand what is going on when we do have an automotive problem, the better decision we can make as to what to do about it. With basic tools, jumper cables, and maybe a ride to the store, a lot of simple issues do not require the assistance of a professional.
This includes several guides and also uncommon wisdom for a good jump start.
Our resources will continue to
be expanding. If you have any
requests for something that you would like to see that is not currently
already up, Please Contact
Safety and Roadside Assistance TipsMechanics Central always encourages we are all safe with our automobiles.
- When operating an automobile, always obey the law and follow all warning and caution signs.
- When working under a vehicle, always secure the emergency brake, use jack stands, and wheel chucks.
- When handling an issue on the
side of the road, always
use caution cones, triangles, or a white cloth / shirt to
drivers to use caution when passing. If you have the battery
power, also use your hazard lights.
- Always use gloves or a protective cloth (rag or shirt) when handling any vehicle component that is still hot.
- Never exceed 50 mph when driving on a spare tire that is not full size. Check tire pressure as well.
Use common sense and be extra safe. The risk is never worth not being patient.